Gufodotto would like you to read these:

Thursday, June 29, 2006

a night to the movies

yesterday I went to see a movie... any movie, "she" said... of course in belgium movies are either in french (dutch subtitles) or english (dutch and french subtitles - essentially, half of the screen is wasted)... that does not make me particularly enthusiastic about going to movies, I have to say, coupled with the exceptionally belgian attitude that, after paying the ticket to enter the cinema. they expect you to pay if you go to pee, too. crazy people... I just hate that.

anyway, due to my languages restrictions, only movies in english were in the rose of candidates... and I already saw CARS (good!), and Ice Age 2 (not so fresh anymore)... not that my sweet half would compromise on going to see cartoons, of course they're for children... yeah right. have a look at Barefoot Gen... Oh God I lost my thread... Oh yeah I remember, ok long story short, I went for 'The Da Vinci Code'. I know it was stupid of me, but could not resist... I mean, ok Yom Hanks is in it, and that's a big minus, but Sir Ian "Magneto" McKelln, and most important of all Audrey Tatou!!! Oh yeah and that frenchman, what's his name? Leon... Uhm no... not really...

Anyway, went in very much convinced that i was going to be bored to death... and I was not!!! I thought I was going to laugh at the risible plot, after a dear friend told me that in Agels and demons CERN is depicted like a double-face organisation kind of the X-Men academy, sporting a mach 15 jet... well I was expecting to see crazy things like the pope slaugghtering people with a light saber jumping up and down inside san pietro. kind of Yoda in SW ep III. well may be not that crazy... None of all this instead. a very measured and well paced plot, even if too long... Martin Mystere would have managed to fit it within 140 pages, I'm sure... it actually did...

never mind however, it's a movie that you can relax in the armchair and enjoy. but I have not read the book, so please don't come and say "It was soo different"... Hunt for red october was incredibly different from the book, but it still is a good movie. as it is V4Vendetta, despite its dissimilarity form the comic book...

Ok, have a nice day you all (two o three person I presume) who are reading this blog...

Gufo a.k.a. Luca a.k.a. The Menace (by janssenn's girls apparently- someone has been spreading rumors, damn him)

No comments: