Gufodotto would like you to read these:

Monday, February 11, 2008

Boredom...

I am bored. I should correct my paper and get it finally submitted, but it's stronger than me and can't just decide whether to accept the corrections suggested by a co-author or not...

Scientific publications are so troublesome (at least for me) that I am almost tempted to give up on this career and pursuit a job in finance (lol, not really) or any other field where you are not required to write up your stuff. It's not that I don't want to share, I am more than happy of that and well willing to talk about my work. It's just that I am very very bad at writing up, possibly because none of the endless literature courses during my school in Italy ever concentrated on the basic of good and understandable writing.

IYou can see it from how long the previous phrase was. In Italy long phrases, branching in two or three nested level get you a premium by the professor. Ow, all this sucks. I wish I was like many of my colleagues, with a much wider cultural span but much more 'able' to do the job... They're like very sharp knives, good to cut steaks, whereas I am the jack of all knives (d`uh!) - with multiple skills but none up to an acceptable level.

Enough complaining. I'm leaving work early to discover the joys of having a Makro card - Then I will try to correct the paper in the evening at home, with the advantage of Word XP which lets you see the correction and the original at once...

see you soon...

2 comments:

Ilaria Pinna said...

Dài che non sei solo! Mi sono dovuta violentare per mesi per finire una tesi che uno un po' più motivato avrebbe ultimato in un mese e ora assaporo la libertà...
In bocca al lupo, facci sapere come va.
Ti abbraccio

Unknown said...

Grazie del supporto!!! =)

Mi sto forzando a terminarlo entro il prossimo fine settimana.