Gufodotto would like you to read these:

Thursday, November 23, 2006

BattleStar Galactica

I've seen Episode eight. I believe I've seen enough of the whole series, to draw my conclusions now.

and in essence they're negative. The original idea was good, with the sudden shock of almost total annihilation of Humankind, and the merciless hunt of the survivors by the cylons...

I could endure the little stupidities, and pretend that some things just didn't happen, fill in the plothole with my imaginations, the same way I pretend to mentally improve the environment where the characters play. I can imagine a properly built spaceship, and not something where the only difference with a nimitz-class air carrier is that doors are slopy... :-\

I did enjoy the humanity of the characters in the first series, and forgave the bad sides thinking that it would get better and better with time. But no, oh no, it's gone down the other way...

frankly, the only thing I'd save of the whole new series is the dogfighting scenes, but there's way too little of them to make up for the rest.

in this episode, just to stay on the detail, we see how the cylons are not only intelligent, and vicious, they seems to have a kind of supreme simulation power. How could they possibly know that BullDog would end up trying to kill the old Adama, when the reason for that (i.e. that adama itself shoot him up) was unknown to anybody but himself?) and even so, it's kind of a far fetched attempt at assassination, from an enemy that has shown that they could get rid of humanity once and for all, if only they wanted. I mean, they should have just nuked the humans while they were grounded on new caprica...

bah...

and the science in the series, purposed by Gaius baltar, is tacky and fake like, I don't know. just fake... unbelieveble. the guy is an idiot, and his only skill seem to be a mutant power who makes people around him think he's a genius, humans and cylons alike.

I much better like The 4400, where with some little exception like the mutation of episode 11/12, the science is treated a bit fairly, and even when it's not it's easy to see through it and just get along with the story... and most of all, they manage to keep me on the edge with just a good use of the story, and revelations, not with pointless space actions...

pity third season has ended, and I can't find ep 13 anywhere. but never mind...

tonight, it's Desperate housewives night. :-P

No comments: