Gufodotto would like you to read these:

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Future is Wild

I did long time ago, buy a book which tried to depict how animals would evolve in the next 50MY. The logical premise was tha human would become extinct, something which I find rather likely. If ever there is some primate left, it is going to be rather different from us. Anyway.
The book was OK, but not great, pictures specially were kinda old-fashioned, like from a medieval bestiary. Animals didn't look quite right to me, and mostly were kludged, like trying to force a toad to look-like a rat. bah...

Now, I discovered they made a series inspired on it (just inspired). The future is Wild. It takes under exam three time points, 5, 100 and 200MY from now. It looks pretty interesting, so I'm going to give it a go. Either buy it if I can, or download it if I can't.

No comments: