Gufodotto would like you to read these:

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

spam spam spam!!!

I recently discovered the original meaning of spam, thanks to my work-mate Russell...

it stands for... I don't remember now, but some kind of Ham that was the only easily available meat after the war in Great Britain...

I wonder how the same word came to identify unwanted e-mails... I guess because Spam wasn't the best kind of ham, so no children wanted to eat it?

anyway, the spam level in my gmailbox has been growing ever since I stopped emptying it... Google says that they get deleted after one month of staying there, and so it did happen that they reached a peak of roughly 300, then stayed there for some time... but since some days ago they have started growing again in number, and they've now breached for the first time the 500 wall...

congratulations luca...

may be this depends from putting my email (link it's wrong ah ah)in webpages and blogs all aorund the world... where it can be picked by spiders and such... mah... who cares... kudos to google 'cause all my spam is intercepted without me having to do anything, rather differently from my yahoo account where it doesn't really matter whether I flag some mails as spam, the next issue of the same newsletter will end up in my mailbox... damn... way to go, yahoo... although your new (java-based) simil-thunderbird interface has some points over gmail's...

No comments: