Gufodotto would like you to read these:

Friday, May 25, 2007

At World's End

Here it comes, the NY Times review of Pirates of Caribbeans' third installment, with a name vaguely reminiscent of Asimov to me (Star's End) - I didn't see the second yet, since I heard that the two were kind of collated together, like Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Reboot or whatever. Hopefully, the will not suck like those two. This one seems allright, with an 8.6 based on 1600 votes to date. even counting that those are fans, it can't be that bad.


Compared with Matrix, which went from 8.6 to 7 to 6.3. This franchise seems to be holding its grounds, starting at href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0325980/">8.0, then 7.4, and settling for 8.6 - which will probably change in the next few months, as votes from more people build up.

The Review is quite ambiguous, in fact, pointing out many good things, but also many more not so good ones, if not outright bad. I guess I'll see it anyway, once the two or three are in a watchable format on the pirate bay - Irony?
Or may be I will not, I have developed a kind of allergy toward Jonny Depp, since he was my ex's preferred actor. Silly I know, but that's life: I guess I didn't like him too much to start with. After all, she introduced me to Scrubs and I still watch it every week.

No comments: