Gufodotto would like you to read these:

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My presentation Training

I feel like JD in Scrubs today, with an inner voice following my own life, and frequent digressions in alternative realities...

Anyway, yesterday I had a very pleasant training experience: presentation skillz, something I felt I badly needed, although I have been definitely getting better in the past months (words of my bosses and mentors, not mine).

Still, the training was scheduled so there I went. nice to have patisserie in the morning as second breakfast...

and the talk was nice, delivered by a motherly south-african teacher with the kind of positive attitude everybody hopes to have when presenting his own story to an audience.

Not many tricks learned, in fact, more of general theory on how to grab but most importantly keep the attention of the spectators. It wasn't easy to follow, at times, since pretty girls were all around and I am easily distracted by cleavages (pig!)

At the end of the day, the moment most feared, an improvised presentation on a topic of our choice to the whole group, foloowed by real questions(!) and judgement on our style...

I was initially planning to present a tiny bit of my work, but then thought what the hell, everybody is going to do that and it would be boring, so I went for something completely different:

How (and why) to download movies and music form the internet (for free).

I actually insert two attention grabber right at the begin, back to back.

I first did ask "How many of you did ever download one mp3 from the internet?"

then I gave her a piece of (made-up, but realistic) statistic: 75% of the Internet Traffic is composed of peer-to-peer exchange (concept illustrated by a pie chart)

The whole lecture was structured following cartoons and hand-drawn (by me, yes) piccies, with me talking over them...

They did like,it, oh yeah... may be I'll get the chance to scan the piccie and post them up here...

Now I am off for another seminar, this time on the various processes of Drug Development...

See you soon!

No comments: